Renewable Energy and Green Applications
Our PCI Nitrogen plant uses 95% of its own produced steam power. Running a coal-free plant that also produces its own power allows us to use substantially less energy to make our products.
PCI uses cogeneration technology to capture excess steam to supplement the Texas Electric Grid.
Many companies utilize our product to help in their environmental initiatives. We’re proud to help industries like energy and agriculture – that are essential to a healthy economy – make a positive impact on the environment. Our product lines enable farmers to efficiently generate higher crop yields. Industrial chemicals like sulfuric acid treat wastewater by neutralizing pH, and regulate air emissions. Our products transform undesired by-products from oil refineries and upgrade them to environmentally safe and useful products.
Committed to Our Community
The PCI Nitrogen plant is an active and integral part of the Pasadena, Texas community. We are proud supporters of talent from local colleges – including San Jacinto College, University of Houston, University of Texas, Texas A&M, Rice University, Baylor College, and Houston Baptist to name a few – and always look for local applicants first when hiring.
We also sponsor local initiatives like food drives, charity events, and the Pasadena Rodeo. On a corporate level, we sponsor a variety of agriculture shows and safety initiatives.
Past and current efforts include:
- Pasadena Prime Time Seniors: Donated recreational items for senior citizens
- Salvation Army Food Drive: Over 450 lbs. in canned and boxed food donations
- Mothers of Military Deployed Overseas: Donations were made to help with shipping costs of care packages
- Pasadena Police Department “Officer Santa”: Donations made to help provide toys for children in need in the Pasadena community
- Angel Tree Program: Provided toys and clothes to disadvantaged children